Friday, September 5, 2014

Floppy Bear

Here's a page I made with one of  the newest patterns at LSHD, Floppy Bear.  Tricia offered this pattern for a free a couple of days ago with one catch, you needed to create something with it in the next 48 hours.
I started my whole process different then I normally do.  I started with the pattern since that was what I needed to use.  Then I went through my papers.  I found a beautiful paper kit that I had completely forgotten about.  It is called Kaisercraft Needle & Thread.  When I saw that I knew I wanted to make a patchwork bear.  I was picturing a little bear that looked like he had been made out of Grandma's old quilt. I always wanted to do that with my Grandma's old bedspreads.  It's still on the long list, lol.  After I decided all that I decided to use a baby picture.  I wanted to use a picture of one of my three granddaughters, so I got out my printed photos and started looking.  I found these two of Jellybean right away & decided they were perfect for this project.
I love this page & I love this little bear.  He will be used quite often in my projects!
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Make sure to stop by our fanpage.  We would love to see the projects you create with our patterns.  You might even find a challenge you would like to join.

No comments: