Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm home!

I'm home from visiting with our kids & grandbaby!

Mom, Dad & I went down to visit this week. We rented a little cottage that we have rented before down there. We really like renting it, instead of a motel room, it is an old home with really pretty woodwork & has 3 bedrooms, living room, dining room & kitchen. We can really spread out & have fun with all the family there.
I have missed McKayla so much! Yes, Ashley if you are reading this, I said that just for you since you thought we hadn't even missed you! We do!

We got down there & met the kids at the rental house. After catching up & loving on the baby we went out to their house, since my parents had never been there. Next we went to Alley Spring. If you've never been there, it is absolutely beautiful. I got some great pictures while we were there.

Then we went back & ate supper & played with McKayla.

The next morning we went down to West Plains to shop. We ate at Colton's, yummy!!! The fried pickles there are so good!

We spent the evening at the house just relaxing & enjoying time, together.

This morning we spent the morning at the house just spending time together & packing, sadly it was almost time to start back home. First, I took McKayla outside & let her play in the leaves. I just had to take some fun fall pictures.

After that we drove into town & went to a little antique shop that Ashley just knew I would love. She was right, I did! I got a really cool Tang pitcher & a box of hand drawn note cards with scenes from the Ozarks. One of them is of Alley Spring, where we went the first day, so I will be using that on the scrapbook page.

It was a great visit & I already miss them. It's going to be way to long before they get here for Christmas.

I'm trying to get all my pictures uploaded to Shutterfly, so hopefully by tomorrow I will have some great pictures to share & some fun videos.

No comments: